Access to Kasaoka
- ■ Shinkansen
- Tokyo Station - Okayama Station
(3 hr. 30 min.)
- Tokyo Station - Fukuyama Station
(3 hr. 50 min.)
- Shin-Osaka Station - Okayama Station
- Shin-Osaka Station - Fukuyama Station
(1 hr. 10 min.)
- ■ Conventional Lines
- Okayama Station - Kasaoka Station
- Kurashiki Station - Kasaoka Station
- Fukuyama Station - Kasaoka Station
- ■ Sanyo Expressway
- From Osaka: 3 hr.,
From Hiroshima: 1 hr. 10 min.
- Hayashima IC - Kasaoka IC (20 min.)
- Fukuyama-Nishi IC - Kasaoka IC
- ■ Chugoku Expressway
- From Hokubo IC: 90 min.
- ■ National Route 2
- From Okayama: 80 min.;
From Fukuyama: 30 min.
For Inquiries Regarding Transportation Companies on Kasaoka Mainland
|Type||Operating Company||Telephone Inquiries||Website|
|Taxi||Sanyo Taxi Co., Ltd.||0865-67-5151|
|Tomioka Kotsu Co., Ltd.||0865-63-2668|
|Bus||Ikasa Bus Corporation||0865-67-2213 (Kasaoka Office)|
Access to Kasaoka Islands
The main means of access to the Kasaoka Islands are regular passenger vessels. There are also ferries which to the northern parts of Shiraishi-jima Island and Kitagi-shima Island. In addition, various water taxis are also available. You may be also able to charter a water taxi. Simply inquire with the various companies offering water taxi services.
Sailing Route Map
Boarding Docks in Kasaoka Port Vicinity
Access to Various Islands
- To Schedule for Regular Passenger Vessels
- To Ferry Schedule
- The above table displays means of access to the main ports. For details on other ports the ships go by way of, check the schedule of those ports.
- Inquire with the various water taxi companies about chartering a boat.
Regarding Water Taxis
A water taxi is a passenger boat that will take you to your specific destination, as does an automotive taxi on land.
Various companies offer water taxi services for the Kasaoka Islands. Depending on the number of people boarding and the time of day, they can be a viable means of travel. In addition, you may be able to charter one for sightseeing purposes. If you wish to reserve one, inquire with one of the water taxi companies.
Inquiries for Ferries and Water Taxis
Useful Info for Travelers Using Bicycles
The Seto Cycles PASS is a discount card that enables people traveling around the Seto Inland Sea by bicycle to take their bicycle onto a ferry with a discounted fare (10% - 50%).
It is issued free of charge at specified issuing locations and it is highly recommended for those traveling by bicycle.
Click on the following link to view more details.